Illinois is blessed with lots of waterways…that also means plenty of bridges. The very nature of bridges has always provided us with guideposts in life and we have many sayings tied to their structure and function. Most of us know the names of several famous national bridges–in the States; the Brooklyn Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge, for examples. I find sayings related to bridges to be good descriptors of our daily activities, achievements, and struggles and in life. Not to mention how much easier our lives are because of them–I crossed a bridge several times daily over a big river for years…not sure what the other options would be (swimming? ferries?)! Below are pics of some of the bridges near me and then some phrases we often use to describe our life experiences.
- The hardest thing in life is to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
- Bridge the gap.
- We will burn that bridge when we come to it.
- That is water under the bridge.
- If so and so jumps off a bridge are you going to jump off too?
- Create a bridge between one thing and another.
- Don’t cross that bridge until you get to it.
- Go jump off a bridge!
- Build bridges instead of walls and you will have a friend.
- Don’t burn your bridges behind you.
Photography adds so much inspiration, joy and happiness in my life. I’m always mildly surprised when my photos turn out half way decent! For contentment’s sake, I’m planning on taking many more bridge pics and soon! Do any of you have other bridge sayings or pics to share? Would love to hear from you. Until then…
Hope Your day is filled with Happiness!–Judy